CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
I Have started a swapping blog: So if you like to take the time out and check it out hoping to get some more people to join in on the swaps.

Swap Swap Gals (Come and join)

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I am taking a break from my halloween crocdhet because I decided to start putting my granny squares together from all the swaps I have been in, I didn't realize I had so many piling up. This is some of them. I am putting the squares together by pattern..............all the patterned ones together, and then all the granny squares together. I am not sure how they will come out, but my hands are so cramped from putting them together. I sorted them all yesterday by patter and traditional squares, then by color, then by size. Then laid them all out and decided how I would put them together. I had to use some colors that I didn't really want to, but I wanted to get them all used up...............then I will be set, no more squares piled up all over, and I can start collecting new ones, but this time, I think I will ask for specific colors hopefully, and that way when it comes time to put them together, I won't have to use squares that really don't match. Anyway I am using all the squares I had from exchanges, I all in all I think I had over 100 squares. The red, white and blue squares will be made another time, as I only have a few of those.
I crochet mine together using a front ridge, I like how the ridge comes out............I am using white yarn, as I could not really find a color that would look best with all of the colors from the squares.

1 comments:

Lesalicious said...

Best of luck putting them all together. I still have to get back to my daughter's charity blanket from alot of the women on the Ville sent her squares to do her a blanket. Still receiving some from lots of other people from a yahoo group so I will get back to putting that together. I know how you feel about so many and don't know where to start from. I have some squares that I think wont go in my daughter's blanket that don't match so I was going to use the no match to make a pillow for my daughter. You can do that make a throw pillow with the no match ones. Good luck hope it turns out lovely.:)